Thursday, May 21, 2009

How do you create LEGACY wealth?

Hey Everyone,

Ok so I wanted to talk today about LEGACY wealth creation. What the heck is that you may ask?

Well in my personal opinion, saving for your retirement is selfish! Yep, I said it, SELFISH!

When I am meeting people I always ask….”If you had all the money you wanted, what would you do?”

Here is what people say 99.9999999% of the time:

“I want to travel!”
“I want to spend more time with my kids”
“I want to give back, help others and give money to charity”

Ok, now I think all that is great however, if you are only saving for your retirement and you are only living pay check to pay check like most American’s how in the heck are you going to achieve the things I list above?

Did you know over 90% of American’s will retire with less then $20,000 in savings?

This economy is ruining many people financially and so many people are cashing out their retirement savings and down sizing their housing, living expenses and cutting corners where ever they can.

So if they are doing that now to survive through this economy, when and where will they save money for retirement?

Retirement is like death and taxes, its going to happen! So many people I talk to just tell me, “…well, I know I have to get a part time job in retirement, so its ok…I will make it work some how. “

AAAAHHHH are you serious! You want to spend more time with the family, travel and give back to others but they have NO PLAN on how to do so!

A very close family member of mine recently lost over 40% of his retirement in 18 months! You know what he told me???? He said “…well, what am I going to do know but work harder for a few more years then what I planed, what am I going to do?”

What are you going to do? Are you serious? Think, dude, think! If what are you doing now is NOT working, why the heck would you work harder and longer doing the same thing that just COST you money!

I asked him how his financial advisor is doing these days, since his retirement plan under his supervision, LOST 40%. He told me he did not know. I asked him if he ever asked his financial planer to see what HE invests in, what is HIS personal balance sheet, what does HIS retirement look like.

He told me that he never asked those questions because they are to personal and just rude.

Ok WTF?!?!!? RUDE??? Dude, you lost 40% of your life savings!!!! What do you mean that you will not ask those questions.

I then asked, can you tell me what stocks, bonds, and mutual funds you invest in. He said that he did not know because he does not understand that stuff and his financial guy takes care of all of it. He said he was to “dumb” to figure all the money stuff out, so….

DUMB!!! Yep you are right! If you don’t know how manage your own money, or know how to manage the people who are managing your own money and you lose 40% of your life savings, yep you are DUMB!

Now because of his DUMB mistake, I WILL HAVE TO HELP HIM financially when he retires. Why is this my costly mistake. I am at a loss of words.

Legacy wealth is all about LEARNING how to create wealth, teaching your kids how to create wealth and then giving back to others to teach them about wealth. Its all about how to teach someone to become self sufficient.

Can we not all agree that Social Security, Medicaid and all the other government programs will not be there for us that are retiring in the next 20-30 years? Yep, you better start to figure it out how to create wealth on your own now because NO ONE will be giving you bailout money!

If you want to earn legacy wealth you need to learn first how to manage your own money. From there you will NEED to start a business. If you make over
$200k a year at a job, GOOD FOR YOU! Most people don’t and with inflation growing faster then ever, you need to make as much money as you can now, invest it wisely and then get your money working for you like and employee.

Here are the basic, basic steps to creating legacy wealth:

• Start with your own finances, lean how to budget your money, manage your investments and figure out your personal balance sheet. You need to run your financial life like a business

• Start a business. I don’t care what business but become self-dependant!

• Teach your kids financial literacy, and how to start a business also!

• Invest some of your savings in real estate. Why real estate? Because you BUY stuff with a little of your own money, leverage the banks cash and OTHER people pay your debits down! What else can you buy and have someone else PAY FOR???

I can actually show you how to get this process started in the next 90 days. I can show you how to create legacy wealth in just 5-7 years. It is possible because thousands of other people, including myself are doing it RIGHT NOW!!

So where do you start? Start with me and visit my site at http://www.millionairerealestateblueprint.com/

Lets connect and start working on a plan. Stick with the plan, work hard and turn your entire financial life around in the next 24 months! It takes hard work however, I can show you how to start the process!

Ok, until tomorrow!

Until next time!

Curt Maly
CurtMaly@aol.com
Serial Entrepreneur
www.MillionaireRealEstateBlueprint.com

No comments:

Post a Comment