Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hacking, Extortion, Death Threats, And International Fame!

Life is never boring as a real estate investor!

Ok, I wasn’t going to say anything, but last week my fan page was hacked and now it's becoming international news so I guess I'll address it. I was actually in Vegas and Hawaii doing a speaking tour when all of this took place with the help of my social media team everything got taken care of, so here's the story.

Those of you that are my Facebook fans (if you're not go here now and 'like me') may have noticed that a little over a week ago I stopped posting my usual article updates and only a couple of posts popped up, including something about celebrating Kosovo's Independence Day (I did not post that). The day before Valentine's Day my Facebook Fanpage was hacked and I was removed as an administrator along with the other administrators that help with the page. At first we thought that it was a mistake or that there was somehow a bug in Facebook's system, but a little later on that day someone posted 'Happy Valentine's Day !' on my page. Since neither my social media team nor I had access to post anything like that to my fanpage this had to be the work of someone else, so my social media team went to work investigating.

Discovering The Fanpage Hackers... Read more here: http://ping.fm/OwJhn

No comments:

Post a Comment